So plan one or two of these – write them somewhere to remind you not to ignore your next 5 minutes of free time!!
- Take a tech-free break. Lift your eyes off your screen(s) and check out the scene around you. Just changing your field of vision gives your brain a chance to recharge.
- Find a quiet corner, close your eyes, and breathe in for a count of four. Hold your breath for a count of seven, and exhale completely to a count of eight.
- Step outside and let the sun shine on your face, arms, back, or legs (sans sunscreen). The vitamin D boost is good in the moment and over time.
- Send a video message. Yes–you can use tech to create something meaningful. Forget text: Film yourself delivering a 30 second message, telling an audience of one how much you appreciate him or her.
- Surprise one friend with an actual phone call. No answer? Leave a fun message.
For the other 20 suggestions, read the article on HuffingtonPost.com
Image from 123rf.com