I use coconut oil for cooking – I’ll check next time just how much I use.
Reason to Eat Coconut Oil # 1: Coconut Oil Will Help You Lose Weight
Even though 1 Tbsp. of Coconut oil contains 120 calories, these 120 calories don’t act the same in the body as say, 120 calories of canola oil.
The different types of foods we eat can have a huge effect on our hormones and metabolic health.
Coconut oil is more thermogenic, compared to other foods and fats. This means eating it tends to increase energy expenditure. In other words, eat more coconut oil to burn more calories.
In order to lose weight 2 things need to happen:
First, you need to be in a calorie deficit, which doesn’t necessarily mean you need to eat fewer calories and exercise more. It means you need to eat foods that boost your metabolism, no suppress it, so you can nourish your body AND set the stage to free the trapped fat to be burned by your muscles.
The second thing that needs to happen to effortlessly lose weight is hormonal balance. This means maintaining healthy organs, specifically your liver and thyroid.
Coconut oil not only helps your body burn MORE calories than it takes in (assuming you’re eating high quality foods), but it protects your liver, so your thyroid can function at a higher level.
Reason to Eat Coconut Oil # 2: Coconut Oil is PRO-Health, because it’s ANTI-Everything
You’ve probably read about anti-inflammatory foods and how they help reduce free radical production in the body, which keeps your cells healthy by preventing or slowing oxidative stress/damage.
Well coconut oil, not only tops the list of anti-inflammatory foods, but check out its other healing superpowers:
- Anti-bacterial—stops bacteria that cause gum disease, throat infections, urinary tract infections and ulcers in their tracks.
- Anti-carcinogenic—keeps dangerous cancer cells from spreading while boosting immunity.
- Anti-fungal—destroys infection-promoting fungus and yeast.
- Anti-inflammatory—suppresses inflammation and repairs tissue.
- Anti-microbial—inactivates harmful microbes and fights infection.
- Anti-oxidant—protects from free radical damage.
- Anti-retroviral/parasitic/protozoa/viral, rids the body of lice, tapeworms and other parasites, kills protozoan infection in the gut, kills viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis and more.
Imagine how your health, immunity, and ability to burn fat would increase if you chose to eat just TWO tablespoons of this superfood?
For the remaining reasons to eat coconut oil (flat belly?) – see the full article on HealthyCures.org
Image from the same article.